Learning goal: The basics of quantum computing. By the end, students will know what quantum bits and quantum algorithms are and what they are good for.
Level: Aimed at VWO 5–6 (Netherlands) or 11th-13th grade (Germany), no quantum knowledge assumed.
- self-study (lecture notes, quizzes and exercises, Quirky online simulator)
- weekly homework (submitted in teams, graded by our team)
- weekly Q&A sessions
- additional possibilities for interaction throughout the week via Discord
Language: all material in English, interactions in English + Dutch + German.
Table of contents:
- Week 1: “Maestro of probability” (what is a probabilistic bit?)
- Week 2: “Conqueror of the qubit” (what is a quantum bit?)
- Week 3: “Wizard of entanglement” (how about two quantum bits?)
- Week 4: “Quantum composer” (what is a quantum circuit?)
- Week 5: “Algorithm virtuoso” (what is a quantum algorithm?)